platforms/44x/warp-nand.c bogosity

Sean MacLennan smaclennan at pikatech.com
Sat Aug 2 01:59:01 EST 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:26:28 -0400
"Josh Boyer" <jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> I don't believe it is intentional, no.  Sean can you look at this and
> see what's up?  I have a couple of fixes to queue up from you already
> and if you can get this one done in the next few days I'll included it
> as well.

So I went back in the archives. Somebody else, Thomas Gleixner I
believe, was already working on the ndfc port. So, since I *had* to
have a working ndfc, I put a local copy in my kernel and forgot about
it.

It looks like Thomas has dropped the port. I should probably resubmit
the patch with the arch/ppc code removed. However, I don't think this
would be for 2.6.27 timeframe since there will probably be discussion.
For one, my patch just gets it working... the warp-nand.c file shows
that it is not a complete solution ;) Second, there are some byte order
issues.

So could we just leave warp-nand.c "there but disabled" for now?

Cheers,
   Sean