platforms/44x/warp-nand.c bogosity

Sean MacLennan smaclennan at pikatech.com
Sat Aug 2 01:41:07 EST 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 18:14:01 +0300
"Adrian Bunk" <bunk at kernel.org> wrote:

> arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/warp-nand.c was added this year and
> updated quite recently.
>
> warp-nand.c is empty unless CONFIG_MTD_NAND_NDFC=y.
>
> MTD_NAND_NDFC depends on !PPC_MERGE.
>
> !PPC_MERGE can never be true on PPC now that arch/ppc/ got removed.
>
> So warp-nand.c is dead code, but that does not seem to be
> intentionally?

I use a local copy of ndfc.c that was modified to work with
arch/powerpc. I submitted the patch, but it was never accepted into the
kernel, and to be honest I don't remember why. I will look into this.

So the code is definitely not dead. You can't realistically run a warp
without the NAND.

Cheers,
   Sean