2.6.25: pmac_newworld undefined

Adrian Bunk bunk at kernel.org
Wed Apr 30 05:45:17 EST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:17:53PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> So something like:
>
> config PPC32_NVRAM
> 	bool
> 	depends on NVRAM
>
> obj-$(CONFIG_PPC32_NVRAM) += nvram.o
> obj-$(CONFIG_NVRAM)       += nvram.o
>
> Or did you have another solution in mind?

I start to understand the problem, and I'm currently wondering why
powerpc uses CONFIG_NVRAM although the code CONFIG_NVRAM enables on
other platforms is not enabled on powerpc.

Can we rename it and move drivers/char/generic_nvram.c under
arch/powerpc/ ?

Can some powerpc person bring some background what's going on and why
it's this way?

> 	Sam

cu
Adrian