mpc5200b custom board upstreamable?

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Fri Apr 25 01:13:45 EST 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I had the intention to push the code for a custom mpc5200b board (freely
>  available, no internal project) upstream. After cleaning up the code I
>  realized that actually no board specific code is left and our board is
>  well handled by the mpc5200_simple_platform machine.
>
>  The only issue is that the machine only matches things like
>  "schindler,cm5200", there's no generic entry. Would it be possible to
>  add a "generic-mpc52xx" entry to this list?

I'm being cautious about this for the time being.  I'd like to have a
generic match mechanism, but I don't want to do something that isn't
easy to recover from if it turns out to be brain dead.  For now, just
add your board name to the explicit match list.

>  Another question: are defconfig and dts files for custom boards acceptable
>  for upstream?

Yes, in the arch/powerpc/configs/52xx/ directory.

Cheers,

Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.