pci issue - wrong detection of pci ressources

Christian Ehrhardt ehrhardt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Apr 22 00:08:34 EST 2008

Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ben.
>
>> For comparison I defined DEBUG in the good kernel (arch=ppc) and that
>> is what the initialization prints (pci ...:0a:1 is the secondary head
>> of the same graphic card an it's not an issue if thats not allocated):
[...]
>    You've changed fb_base_phys and mmio_base_phys to resource_size_t
> which is 64-bit, so use %llx to print them.

Thanks your absolutely right, I sometimes forget that I need long long for 64bit on 32bit archs (and ignored the warnings :-( ).
I corrected the printk format strings and attached the new logs.

[...]
>> +else {
>> +printk(KERN_ERR"%s - continue with start 0x%0lx on %p\n", __func__, (this->end + 1), this->sibling);
>> +}
>>                 new->start = this->end + 1;
>>                 this = this->sibling;
>
>    And here. Yet it's not clear why you call resource's 'end' 'start'...

It's the new->start that get's calculated one line after that new else part.
I printed that one to to see a bit how the loop iterates the resource elements.

--

Grüsse / regards,
Christian Ehrhardt