removal of arch/ppc in 2.6.27?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Apr 20 01:30:10 EST 2008

This is intended as a reminder that we plan on getting rid of arch/ppc
this summer.  I'm guessing based on kernel release times that will be
2.6.27.  That would mean 2.6.26 will be the last kernel to support
arch/ppc.

If people have boards that like ported over please let us know and
work with us to port this over to arch/powerpc.

Here is a list based on arch/ppc/platforms.  Its not intended to be
complete but a general idea of what's left in arch/ppc.

PPC_PREP        e6xx
PQ2ADS          82xx            in arch/powerpc?
TQM8260         82xx
CPCI690         e6xx/mv64x60
EV64260         e6xx/mv64x60
CHESTNUT        e6xx/mv64x60
LOPEC           e6xx
KATANA          e6xx/mv64x60
HDPU            e6xx/mv64x60
MVME5100        e6xx
PAL4            e6xx
POWERPMC250     e6xx
PPLUS           e6xx
PRPMC750        e6xx
PRPMC800        e6xx
RADSTONE_PPC7D  e6xx
SANDPOINT       e6xx
SBC82xx         82xx
SPRUCE          e6xx
LITE5200        52xx
EV64360         e6xx/mv64x60
MPC86XADS       8xx             in arch/powerpc
MPC885ADS       8xx             in arch/powerpc
ADS8272         82xx            in arch/powerpc

4xx:
BAMBOO          44x             in arch/powerpc
CPCI405         40x
EBONY           44x             in arch/powerpc
EP405           40x             in arch/powerpc
BUBINGA         40x
LUAN            44x
YUCCA           44x
OCOTEA          44x
REDWOOD_5       40x
REDWOOD_6       40x
SYCAMORE        40x
TAISHAN         44x             in arch/powerpc
WALNUT          40x             in arch/powerpc
XILINX_ML300    40x
XILINX_ML403    40x

- k