Xilinx network trouble (mostly solved)

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Sat Apr 19 00:40:21 EST 2008

Hello Rick,

> Which version of xps_ll_temac are you using, and which version of EDK?
Using xps 9.2.02i, build EDK_lm_SP2.3+0

IP version for the TriMode_MAC_GMII (xps_ll_temac) is 1.00.b. EmacLite is
1.00.a

> Also, do both designs meet timing?
As the software guy here, I have no idea. I've passed the question onto the
electronics guys...

BUT, you put me on the right tracks: looking at the driver versions I
started playing with the options you get in the [Configure IP] of the
Ethernet Mac drivers. I couldn't get any improvement with the LLTEMAC, but
after I added the buffers to the EmacLite: IT WORKED !

I'm still having trouble mounting an NFS root and ssh'ing into the target,
but I guess that's another issue...
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/