USB on MPC8641D

John Marc jmarc007 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 03:53:27 EST 2008

Okie Friend ,
  I will try the latest kernel 2.6.24, and let you know the results.

  With Regards
  John

Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

On Apr 17, 2008, at 3:36 AM, John Marc wrote:
> Hi
> I Have the kernel patches , but no one for the USB.
> The changes for the USB are integrated in the Kernel.
> I am currently looking into the linux BSP for usb
> changes , but unfortunately don't find any major
> chages.
>
> MPC8641 board have one EHCI controller and 3 OHCI
> conroller.
>
> As I am also new to USB , it would be great help, if
> someone give me any idea about the changes in new
> MPC8641 BSP ?
>
> Does freescale fix the PCI Express issue , that makes
> USB works.
>
> I have lots of hope with this forum :-)
>

> With Regards
> John

This forum is about the open source kernel and not BSPs kernels from
Freescale or any other provider.

Have you tried a 2.6.24 or 2.6.25 open source kernel for the 8641 and
see if it works w/regards to USB. If not we can help try and figure
out why not.

There have been a number of fixes made to PCIe support on 8641 that
are in the 2.6.24 kernel, I'm guessing some of those might address
whatever issue you're seeing with USB.

- k