[EFIKA] Really, don't pretend to be CHRP

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Apr 18 00:37:37 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 13:28 +0100, Matt Sealey wrote:
> I thought we were using efika.forth for this in Fedora.

We were, until you pointed out that the kernel actually works just fine
these days without it.

Now, the _only_ thing that goes wrong without it is that 'CHRP' in the
machine: line -- which is fixed by this patch. And so the user's life is
made easier -- all they have to work around now is the fact that we
can't set environment variables from within Linux (and yes, we can
probably improve on that too, but we let them setenv for themselves, for
now).

> Why don't we just roll all those fixes into prom_efika.c or something
> and make it a huge, unwieldy file nice and *seperate* from
> prom_init.c?

That might be a little cleaner than what we have at the moment, yes. But
what we have also works, so I'd rather concentrate on things like
getting audio support merged, before we faff around with what are
essentially cosmetics.

--
dwmw2