A question about the 8250/16550 Driver

旭 罗 luoxu_gun at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Apr 17 17:31:34 EST 2008

Hello:
    I have founded that the serial can't be initialized as the bootting process. My platform is MPC8313 and my kernel version is linux-2.6.23.9. I look though the source code and find that the MPC8313 driver is compatible with 8250/16550. The driver is in the \drivers\serial\8250.c

In the function serial8250_isa_init_ports we should use the structer old_serial_port  but i can't find the definition for this struct. I can only find the following senrense in the head of this file

#ifndef SERIAL_PORT_DFNS
#define SERIAL_PORT_DFNS
#endif

static const struct old_serial_port old_serial_port[] = {
    SERIAL_PORT_DFNS /* defined in asm/serial.h */
};

i think this is a bug for this driver. Could any one can told me how to define the SERIAL_PORT_DFNS  for the MPC8313 system? Hi Scott, Have you ever find this problem and how do you solve it.

Thanks
Best Wishs