MV64x60 device bus

Remi Machet rmachet at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 17 10:36:36 EST 2008

Hi,

I am working on a board with an MV64460 and this controller has what its
data sheet call a device controller (ie a generic asynchronous bus to
connect NOR flashes and other similar devices). On this board a NOR
flash is connected to it and I would like to get it to be recognized by
the Open Firmware MTD map driver.

The problem is that this driver expects the flash to be registered as an
of_platform device, I could do that in the board file itself but I think
it would be more useful to add some generic code for all MV64360 based
boards:

My idea would be to add to the MV64360 initialization code the
registration of an of_platform bus if a node of type 'devicectrl' is
found (inside the mv64360 node); this node would contain all the devices
attached to the device bus and the of_platform sub-system would take
care of creating the proper of_platform devices.

Does anyone have comments or a better idea ?

Thanks,

Remi