Please pull 'for-2.6.26' branch of 4xx tree

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 23:43:49 EST 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:50:47 +1000
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 07:31 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:27:58 -0500
> > Josh Boyer <jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> > > These two commits have been dropped from the branch.  They cause the
> > > allyesconfig build for powerpc to fail because CONFIG_PPC_DCR_MMIO
> > > doesn't understand the dcri_clrset macro.
> >
> > Crap.  Looks like you already pulled the tree.  We need to either
> > revert those two commits, or essentially define dcri_clrset to a do {}
> > while(0) in include/asm-powerpc/dcr-mmio.h so things build.
>
> Why ? It should do the right thing, not nop ...

"... so things build."  Relax Ben.  That isn't a final solution.

I'd rather just do an outright revert of the commits for now.

For a final solution, we're going to have to come up with a more clever
way of doing the clocking stuff in ibm_newemac.  The SDRs are board
specific and completely outside of EMAC/MAL itself.  So doing a dcr_map
on it becomes a bit more difficult, since there really isn't an SDR
node in the device tree at the moment.

josh