Flash on LocalBus @ MPC8343

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Tue Apr 15 21:53:56 EST 2008

Scott,

there has been a "compatible=soc" in my of_bus_id[] ...
It was taken from mpc834x_mds some weeks ago.

I changed to :

static struct of_device_id __initdata of_bus_ids[] = {
        { .compatible = "fsl,pq2pro-localbus", },
        {},
};

now it works fine.

Thanks !

Andre

Scott Wood schrieb:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:58:50AM +0200, André Schwarz wrote:
>
>> thanks , but ... can't find "of_bus_ids[]" entry.
>>

> That means your platform likely isn't calling of_platform_bus_probe() at
> all.  Look at other platforms, such as mpc831x_rdb, for an example.
>

>> I'm obviously out of sync. My last git-pull from denx is 3 days old, now
>> - need to update on monday.
>>

> For Denx-specific support, please contact Denx.
>
> This certainly isn't something that was added in the past 3 days.
>
> -Scott

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner