zImage.embedded

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Fri Apr 11 23:43:25 EST 2008

Hello all,

I'm not sure what kind of error this is. I'm trying to generate a kernel
image suitable for network boot and it seems to fail at the very end (wrong
target ?)

$ make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-uclibc-  znetboot

powerpc-linux-uclibc-objcopy -O elf32-powerpc arch/ppc/boot/simple/zvmlinux
arch/ppc/boot/simple/zvmlinux -R .comment -R .stab \
                -R .stabstr -R .ramdisk
cp -f arch/ppc/boot/simple/zvmlinux arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.elf
rm -f arch/ppc/boot/simple/zvmlinux
cp arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.embedded /tftpboot/zImage.embedded
cp: cannot stat `arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.embedded': No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [znetboot] Error 1
make[1]: *** [simple] Error 2
make: *** [znetboot] Error 2

is the file zImage.elf my proper network image ?
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/