[NEWBIE] Interrupt-problem mpc5200

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Fri Sep 14 23:29:59 EST 2007

Grant!

I have a newbie question which I never had properly answered. On the
MPC52xx and specifically regarding the device tree, how are interrupt
numbers assigned?

On Efika (and in the DT docs) it's basically the X Y Z where X is the
type (critical, main, peripheral, sdma), Y is the number of the
interrupt, and Z is it's sense level.

However while X and Z are easy to derive, how do you work out what Y
is meant to be given a device? Is it a bit number in the interrupt
register, or the value of the encoded interrupt register or something
else algorithmically determined?

I am just finding the code in Linux that derives this number fairly
elusive (the irq setup function for the mpc52xx platform is truly
sparse, irq_of_find_and_map isn't much help). Maybe I am just not
looking in the right place but not being an MPC52xx PIC Expert I
wouldn't even know where to start...

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations