2.6.23-rc3 boot hang on MPC8641D

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Sep 13 15:13:31 EST 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:47 PM, sivaji wrote:

> Hi,
>           I have JTAG Debugger connected to the board. I was given the
> following commands in the root path of the kernel source

If you can dump memory w/o connecting GDB, I suggest the following.

Look in your kernel build for System.map and grep for log_buf you
should get something like:

c040b04c d log_buf
c043b1a4 b __log_buf

then dump the memory @ these addresses.  I can't remember which one
is the correct one.  You'll want to subtract c000_0000 from the
address to get a physical address that you can dump.  This should
help provide some possible insight into what's going on.

- k