[NEWBIE] Interrupt-problem mpc5200

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Sep 13 05:29:10 EST 2007

On 9/12/07, S. Fricke <silvio.fricke at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > > I have looked up "kernel/irq/manage.c". "-ENOSYS" is returned on function
> > > "setup_irq" because the used irq(MPC52xx_IRQ2) is the same as no_irq_chip.
> > >
> > > THE MPC52xx_IRQ2 is a excerpt from "include/ppc/mpc52xx.h" (per copy
> > > paste), but mpc52xx is (now) a powerpc-arch. What is the desired value for
> > > IRQ-2 on a mpc5200b?
> >
> > The irq number you pass into request_irq is a system-wide irq number;
> > it doesn't necessarily map directly onto the MPC52xx irq number.
> > Typically, you'd have a node for your device in the device tree which
> > has a phandle back to the interrupt node and you would use
> > irq_of_parse_and_map() to map it back to a system-wide irq number.
>
> The IRQ-pin-2 belongs to "PIN-configuration-nodes" described in
> "booting-without-of.txt"? Than, what is the QE for my MPC5200B?
>
> Can u give me an example with a single IRQ of a configuration-node for a
> dts?

myreallycooldevice at 0 {
        interrupts = <1 2 3>;
        interrupt-parent = <&mpc5200_pic>;
};

The interrupts property matches the size of the #interrupt-cells
property in the interrupt controller node.  For the 5200-intc, each
interrupt is described by 3 cells; l1, l2 and sense which is a
reflection of the interrupt controller architecture.  For IRQ0, l1=0,
l2=0; IRQ1, l1=1, l2=1; IRQ2, l1=1 and l2=2; IRQ3, l1=1, l2=3 Sense is
described in mpc52xx-device-tree-bindings.txt

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.