2.6.23-rc3 is not booting

sivaji rameshmrm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 04:05:18 EST 2007

Hi,
I am using the kernel 2.6.23-rc3, when i try to boot the kernel i got
following messages.

Booting image at 00200000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.23-rc3
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1487259 Bytes =  1.4 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Booting using flat device tree at 0x600000.

        I have tested with and without pci express support in the kernel and
the device tree. But the result was same.

Processor information :

8641D processor and the silicon revision is 2.0.
Part : MPC8641D
Revision:  2.0
e600 Core Revision:  2.2
DeviceMarking:  B
Processor Version Register Value: 0x8004_0202
System Version Register Value:   0x8090_0120

                     Please Advice me.
by
Sivaji