[POWERPC 03/15] [POWERPC] TQM5200 board support

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Oct 9 06:48:55 EST 2007

On 10/8/07, Grant Likely <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > In message <fa686aa40710072321g3494b243w341e2b09117c3695 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> > > Lite5200 touches it because firmware does *not* do the right thing at
> > > the moment.
> >
> > Why don't we fix it in U-Boot, then, and get rid of this in Linux?
>
> Mostly because I haven't gotten to it yet.  :-/

Actually, it's more than that.  I don't want to force users to upgrade
their firmware on the lite5200.  Linux boots on it fine now with old
firmware (using cuimage), it should continue to boot.  Doing board
specific fixups at Linux setup_arch time to work around
old/buggy/not-quite-what-we-want firmware is reasonable.  We must do
this on the Efika too.

Cheers,
g.

--