about uImage-DENX-v2.6.14 config

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Nov 15 17:13:27 EST 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, zhangwei zhang wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem when using linux-2.6.14(download from
> ftp.denx.de) for RTAI on ppc440EP.

RTAI on PPC? I thought RTAI was dead for anything other than X86.

And 2.6.14 is quite old. I suggest you use a newer binary version or compile a
the image from the current kernel source.

> I use the ELDK4.1 and when boot the
> uImage I compiled , I always have the problem as following:
>
> ## Booting image at 00500000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.14
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    1155686 Bytes =  1.1 MB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
>
> then it stopped . I am afraid that maybe the problem comes from the
> config. I have ever use the uImage-DENX-v2.6.14 you offered in
> ftp.denx.de/pub/linux/amcc/image/yosemite/ and it works. So can you
> send me a config file for 2.6.14 to me? Thank you.

Please don't stick with 2.6.14. Download the current kernel:

http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-denx.git;a=summary

and there you will find the .config for the Yosemite
(arch/ppc/configs/yosemite_defconfig).

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de