[RFC] powermac: proper sleep management

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Tue Nov 13 03:32:57 EST 2007

> Looks good to me, +/- a couple of things:
>
>  - We _REALLY_ want the freezer to be optional and not enabled by
> default on PowerPC. Maybe make it a compile option ?

Well, Alan is going to tell you that USB will break. If we need
confirmation for that I can do the test he suggested to you or Paul a
while ago.

>  - Don't remove the pmu_polled_request() debug code. It's very useful
> for debugging and I don't want to have to re-invent it.

Heh, ok.

> Plus I also need to test it on some exotic hardware :-)

Obviously. I don't have any of that. I'd appreciate if somebody could
test on a 3400 powerbook to see if that pci config space save/restore
stuff is really necessary or even interferes with the regular stuff.

johannes