[RFC] powermac: proper sleep management

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Nov 12 07:59:33 EST 2007

> Just thought I'd send out the patch again, it has changed quite a bit
> since last time because I cleaned up the code, made it depend on
> CONFIG_SUSPEND, made the ioctl backward compatibility optional and some
> other bits.
>
> The feared freezer vs. fuse sync deadlock is no longer present in 2.6.24
> because the sync is done before the freezer so maybe the patch stands a
> chance now.
>
> Scott: FYI, here's the use case for the ppc_md irq suspend/resume hooks.

Looks good to me, +/- a couple of things:

 - We _REALLY_ want the freezer to be optional and not enabled by
default on PowerPC. Maybe make it a compile option ?

 - Don't remove the pmu_polled_request() debug code. It's very useful
for debugging and I don't want to have to re-invent it.

Plus I also need to test it on some exotic hardware :-)

Cheers,
Ben.