Correct location for ADC/DAC drivers

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Fri May 4 18:24:34 EST 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 02:35:44PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
> I'm in the stage of integrating some ADC and DAC drivers for the AMCC
> 405EZ PPC and looking for the correct location to place these drivers
> in the Linux source tree. The drivers are basically character-drivers,
> so my first thought is to put them in "drivers/char/adc/foo.c" or
> "drivers/char/adc_foo.c". Is this a good solution?
>
> Any suggestions welcome (could be that I missed an already existing
> example).
>
> BTW: I am aware of the hwmon subsystem, but I don't think it fits my
> needs in this case.

Could you elaborate the requirements a bit more? ADC is not ADC, because
slow i2c ADCs which measure a temperature every five minutes have other
requirements than multi-megabyte-per-second-dma-driven ADCs.

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9