Please pull from 'for_linus' branch

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Mar 30 06:14:36 EST 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Kumar Gala wrote:

> Please pull from 'for_linus' branch of
> master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/galak/powerpc.git

Please don't do this to me.

 - give a valid URL!

   You could have either added a "ssh://" to before that string, or used a
   colon between the hostname and the path, but the URL you quoted is
   broken.

 - put the branch-name after the URL on the same line, so that I can
   cut-and-paste them together rather than separately (and so that I don't
   miss the fact that it wasn't the default branch)

IOW, it should have said

  Please pull from the 'for_linus' branch at

	master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/galak/powerpc.git for_linus

or something similar.

Thanks from your anal and grumpy kernel maintainer,

		Linus