[CURIOUSITY] When will we stop caring about arch/ppc?

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Wed Jun 27 03:18:11 EST 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 03:46:58PM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> >> How about this time next year -- special event at
> >> the OLS PowerPC BOF :-)
> >
> > Heh, sounds good to me.
> >
> > Of course, getting stuff done in a year.... ;)
>
> Well the arch/ppc tree is basically frozen already, all Freescale
> stuff got moved over already as far as I can see, and 4xx has
> started moving.  I think a year is enough, since the tree is
> frozen anyway, people can resurrect stuff from older releases
> if need be, no problem with deleting it.  In fact, why not do
> so this year :-)  [Yeah that was a joke].

Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of arch/ppc right
now.  It won't really be lost, just git checkout your favorite tag that
still has it.  It'll get rid of code people shouldn't be worrying about
anymore anyway.

I realize, I'm probably the only one with this opinion so you don't have
to tell me all the reasons I'm wrong. :)

Mark