[RFC/PATCH 0/16] Ops based MSI Implementation

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Sun Jan 28 19:36:52 EST 2007

Michael Ellerman <michael at ellerman.id.au> writes:

> We should probably just stop talking until I've got that series worked
> out and posted, and then you can tell me what you think of it :)

Sounds like a plan.  A series that kills the worst of the current code
as far as multiple architecture stuff, which should make your series
prettier.  I just finished testing and I'm heading for bed now.

When I'm alert enough to rebase my changes onto Greg's tree
instead of linus-current.  I'll submit it.

I don't think there are going to be any conflicts with your first
4 patches that Greg sucked up but I figure it is best to check.

Anyway for architecture hooks I have it down to just:
/*
 * The arch hook for setup up msi irqs
 */
int arch_setup_msi_irq(struct pci_dev *dev, struct msi_desc *desc);
void arch_teardown_msi_irq(unsigned int irq);

Which should be good enough to handle everything but RTAS.

Eric