tiny login

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Thu Dec 20 21:45:30 EST 2007

pjmaiya schrieb:
> hi,

- don't cross-post
- don't post HTML to the lists

> I am using tiny login provided by montavista. Binaries already obtained
> from tool provided from montavista. We are able to add only 10 users.
> But I need to add more than 10 users.

Tried to contact montavista for support? ;-)

> I have already downloaded free open source for tinylogin
> (tinylogin-1.4). Can we modifiy this source code of this version and
> support users more than 10??
> If yes, can somebody inform step to build tiny login and installation
> method.

Well, you propably want to understand the advantage of open source
software first. You can (depending on the license) change the code
according to your needs...

Read: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-Building-HOWTO.html

If you have questions, please tell exactly, where you have a problem.

$ wget http://tinylogin.busybox.net/downloads/tinylogin-1.4.tar.bz2
$ tar xvf tinylogin-1.4.tar.bz2
$ cd tinylogin-1.4
$ make

works like a charm.

A quick look into login.c says:
// login defines
#define TIMEOUT       60
#define FAIL_DELAY    3
#define EMPTY_USERNAME_COUNT    10
                                ^^^^
... which looks quite promising!
Ask the busybox guys for details since this is off-topic here.

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH