hangs after "Freeing unused kernel memory"

Siva Prasad sprasad at bivio.net
Thu Dec 20 11:19:27 EST 2007

Hi Linas,

I found it hard way. You are correct. I am just loosing the console, and
all the programs are executing fine. I could put a printk in execve and
see all the programs executing (printk's work fine).

I am using a PowerPC based system with my own kernel and initrd (not
RedHat system). Can you please elaborate on what exactly you are
suggesting me to do. Are you trying to copy /dev/<files> from build
machine to the ramdisk? I am confused.

Further, I could not find /dev/hv* files in any of the systems. What are
they for?

You also mentioned about tweaking initrd and udev. Appreciate some help
with this console loosing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Siva