Linux on Freescale e200

Per-Erik Johansson perka at dtek.chalmers.se
Thu Dec 20 00:56:53 EST 2007

Hi

I'm wondering if someone has ever tried to get Linux running on a
Freescale e200 core?
I found a patch to the Linux kernel from back in 2005:
And it is listed as a processor type in Linux-2.6.23.11
I know that there has been some confusion about e200 and e500 cores, old
e200 renamed to e500, but from what I understand the e200 core now listed
in the kernel is the one currently being used in MPC55xx

I'm having a MPC5554, e200z6 core, that I'm supposed to get Linux running
on (master thesis) and any pointers and tips are appreciated.
Just finished porting/tweaking the Redboot boot loader, and I'm now moving
on to the Linux (porting?) part.

Cheers
 Per-Erik