Stupid git question: adding acked-by

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sun Dec 9 17:22:03 EST 2007

On 12/8/07, Jerry Van Baren <gvb.linuxppc.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stacked git should work (effectively does the same thing but more
> gracefully), but I have not gone that route yet.

This is my preferred solution, but you don't have to do it this way.

> There must be a better way, if only I could find the right (of 137)
> git-* command...

Try git-cherry-pick.  Get a list of the SHA-1 patch ids and reset your
branch.  Then cherry pick each patch with the -e flag.  Git will pull
up an editor and let you edit the commit message before applying so
you can add the Acked-by line.

Cheers,
g.

--