Stupid git question: adding acked-by

Jerry Van Baren gvb.linuxppc.dev at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 16:21:05 EST 2007

OK git gurus, this is something I have not figured out: the best way to
add acked-by (or additional signed-off-by) lines to git patches.

What I'm talking about is when I've applied a patch to my repo and
published the change on the list and get an "acked-by" back.  By the
time I get the ack, the acked patch may be several patches deep.  My
current technique is to reset the repo, edit the patch(es) to add the
"acked-by" lines, and then re-apply the patches.  PITA and probably the
stupidest way.

Stacked git should work (effectively does the same thing but more
gracefully), but I have not gone that route yet.

There must be a better way, if only I could find the right (of 137)
git-* command...

Hints, please?

Thanks,
gvb