Merge dtc

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Dec 5 11:54:38 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 22:33 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Make vmlinux the default target instead of zImage would seem like a
> better answer. I'm surprised that it isn't like that already, in fact --
> and I'm only inferring that it isn't from your message. I always thought
> that if I typed 'make' I got the vmlinux and not a zImage.

Ooh, no -- I don't. I get an error, and I never even noticed...

  WRAP    arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.chrp
  WRAP    arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.pmac
  WRAP    arch/powerpc/boot/cuImage.52xx
/pmac/git/libertas-2.6/arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper: line 257: mkimage: command not found
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/cuImage.52xx] Error 127

I'd be perfectly happy with 'make vmlinux then' as a response to anyone
who complains. And in fact since it'll correctly make the vmlinux and
_then_ fail to create the zImage, I would have thought that anyone with
even a modicum of common sense will _notice_ that, and start using
'make vmlinux' all by themselves without prompting.

--
dwmw2