[RFC/PATCH 0/6] powerpc: 32 bits PCI updates

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Dec 5 11:53:00 EST 2007

This serie of patches converts the 32 bits PCI code to use the generic
pci_assign_unassigned_resources() instead of its own assignment code
which was unable to deal with unassigned PCI<->PCI bridges among
other issues.

We also add flags to control the behaviour of the PCI code, such as
letting some platforms force a full re-assignment (similar to what
pci-auto used to provide in arch/ppc) and remove a whole bunch of
hackish code that is made obsolete by that change.

This also brings us one step closer to a merge of the PCI code with
ppc64 as we are now in a shape where most of that resource management
code will be able to move to pci-common.c and be used by 64 bits.

32 bits platforms with 64 bits resources support will also need my
separate patch to fix the generic setup-bus.c for that situation.

Note that the patch that updates 4xx platforms to enable full resource
assignments applied on top of my 4xx series for which I'll post a new
version soon. You can apply the other ones and ignore this one if you
want to test on some other platform without the other patch serie.