Merge dtc

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Dec 5 02:26:11 EST 2007

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:25:57 -0600
Jon Loeliger <jdl at jdl.com> wrote:

> So, like, the other day David Woodhouse mumbled:
> >
> > I think this is a bad idea -- it's hardly a difficult for those people
> > who _do_ need dts to obtain it separately.
> >
> > We shouldn't be merging _more_ stuff in.
>
> Thanks for chiming in here, David W.  As far as I can tell
> so far, the only two people who have voiced an opinion on
> this issue are Dave G, submitting patches, and me disagreeing
> with the approach.  :-)
>
> Anyone else?

I don't see an overwhelmingly great reason to merge it.  It might help
test people who do automated rebuilds, etc and aren't used to dealing
with powerpc and it's requirements.  Outside of that, I see it as
dual-maintenance.

But I'm not doing the maintenance, and it doesn't effect me too much.
I only ask that a decision is made and executed on soon so we can move
on.

josh