'make ARCH=ppc defconfig' failing for cross-compile

Christian evilninja at gmx.net
Sun Sep 10 16:15:47 EST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Judith Lebzelter wrote:
> I have been doing cross-compiles for ppc and powerpc on my i686 system.
> In order to do this I generate the .config file like this:
>
> make ARCH=ppc defconfig
> (or make ARCH=powerpc defconfig)

Seems like defconfig has been removed, because there are so many
sub-platforms for ppc:

$ ls arch/ppc/configs/*defconfig | wc -l
56

Just pick the defonfig for your platform, for my PReP that'd be:

$ make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-604-linux-gnu- prep_defconfig

HTH,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #383:

Your processor has taken a ride to Heaven's Gate on the UFO behind Hale-Bopp's comet.