common flatdevtree code

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Fri Sep 1 04:40:20 EST 2006

Hi Hollis,

I'm doing some fairly massive rework to my patches so it'll take
another day or two (plus 4 day weekend for me).  In the meantime,
this is what I've done to your code.  :)

I still plan on changing it a bit to use ft_next in a few more routines
(e.g., ft_dump_blob).  ft_next has a clumsy interface but I like the fact
that it separates the "how to traverse the nodes/properties in the tree"
knowledge from the "what do I want to do with this particular node/property"
knowledge.  Also, if/when version 0x11 (or whatever) comes along, we only
have to change one routine to be able to correctly traverse the tree.

I've included flatdevtree.[ch] and the flatdevtree_env.h for the
bootwrapper for reference.  I didn't make one for you but I can.

Its a work in progress but let me know if you have any issues so far.

Thanks,

Mark