RFC: qe lib code location?

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Tue Oct 17 05:21:38 EST 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Andy Fleming wrote:

> My reasoning is that, should Freescale decide to release a non-
> powerpc chip with a QUICC Engine,

Pigs will fly someday, too, but I'm not making plans for that :-)
If you are going to speculate, history shows there will more
likely be yet another version of some communication engine
before there will be a something other than a Power core
with one.

> ....  Of course, all of this is pure speculation, so if
> there's a good reason *not* to put it in drivers/, we should probably
> just maintain the status quo.

I thought I provided some reasoning, but I suspect
speculation will prevail.........

Thanks.

	-- Dan