[RFC] Draft mpc52xx device tree specification

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Tue Nov 14 06:56:09 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 01:47:29 -0700
"Grant Likely" <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:

> This document specifies the requirements on the device-tree for mpc52xx
> based boards.  These requirements are above and beyond the details
> specified in the booting-without-of.txt document.

well, the definition of the compatible property has a different bias.  I'm not saying the definition in booting-without-of is necessarily better (I know the document is too linux- and freescale-specific in places), I'm just saying that this document has good ideas, but is creating an unnecessary diversion, and amending booting-without-of would help maintain consistency with other platforms' efforts.

Kim