Maple: killing a process that causes a machine check exception

jfaslist jfaslist at yahoo.fr
Wed May 24 02:09:35 EST 2006

Hi,
What do you mean by synchronous? Do you mean that the current process
may no be not the one that caused the ME?
In my case I _need_ the process to be killed, as it is making a VME bus
error. / PCI target-abort.
I am starting to get desperate. I have been working for several month
with IBM to get a solution on machine check related issues on the Maple.
First, the Maple was hanging hard. Now that this is fixed, I need the
Linux ME to kill the offending process!
My feeling now, is that I am really starting to have it w/ the ppc64!

-jfs