snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat May 20 00:40:58 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 16:40 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> ... because it's the job of alsaconf, too, to figure that
> out. IINM. And because I thought it might help to mention the issue,
> when I was already at it .. :)

:)
I never used alsaconf, and frankly, for PCI cards and anything else
that's sensible I don't see the point since the kernel along with
hotplugging can get it just to work. With ISA, well, yea, maybe. Or does
alsaconf have any other function than detecting the hardware and loading
the right modules?

johannes