snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

Wolfgang Pfeiffer roto at gmx.net
Sat May 20 00:40:28 EST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:50:18PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 20:17 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > BTW: Is there a way to let 'alsaconf' detect the soundcard on this
> > PB5,8 ?
> > So far that's impossible, as it seems. But this could also be
> > related to mistakes I made in my modules files, or wherever.
>
> No idea, but I don't see why you'd want alsaconf to figure it out

... because it's the job of alsaconf, too, to figure that
out. IINM. And because I thought it might help to mention the issue,
when I was already at it .. :)

But yes, it does not bother me if the kernel itself knows what's going
on .. :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on