[patch] fix RTC/NVRAM accesses on Maple

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Fri May 19 09:53:05 EST 2006

> +	isa_ranges[0] = 0x1;
> +	isa_ranges[1] = 0x0;
> +	isa_ranges[2] = 0x0;
> +	isa_ranges[3] = 0x0;
> +	isa_ranges[4] = 0x0;
> +	isa_ranges[5] = 0x00010000;
> +	prom_setprop(isa, "/ht at 0/isa at 4", "ranges",
> +		     isa_ranges, sizeof(isa_ranges));

isa_ranges[2] = 0x01002000;

isa_ranges[5] looks suspicious as well; the value you put in
means that *no* (16-bit, which is all that 8111 supports) legacy
I/O sits on any other than the LPC bus; so no 8111 ATA support,
for example.

Showing only I/O ranges in the "ranges" property means that no
devices below the "isa" node sit on memory space; is that true
for the Maple device tree?  (The node for the flash chip,
specifically, if it exists in their tree at all).  If not, I'll
dig out the proper "ranges" value for it tomorrow (it depends on
hardware settings on their SIO chip, I have no idea what they
set it to right now :-) ).

I'm sure this all works for your kernel right now, but if you're
fixing up, let's fix it properly :-)

Segher