cpu power "management" for non-dfs chips with no pmu (for instance, 750cxe and mpc7447 in pegasos)

Jon Loeliger jdl at jdl.com
Fri Jun 23 23:33:58 EST 2006

So, like, the other day "Matt Sealey" mumbled:

> I am basically trying to evaluate if we can do ANYTHING to reduce
> power consumption of systems which are idle, as I have noticed that
>
> Comments? :)

Hi Matt,

There is an effort afoot to revitalize some of the Linux Power
Management issues, erm, currently going on over on the linux-pm
list these days.  No immediate results (yet), but there is some
concerted effort.  It should include some PowerPC presence.

Please feel free to contribute, of course. :-)

jdl