Q about i2c controller on mpc8245

Reeve Yang yang.reeve at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:06:00 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm new to this list and wish to get help from it since I'm currently
developing a switch box based on mpc8245, the kernel I'm using is 2.6.14.

Now I'm trying to bring up the I2C controller then I2C devices. Is fsl-i2c
the driver for I2C controller of MPC8245? I enabled that driver and it was
installed, but there is no any device found. Why is it like that? Following
are the dump from sysfs.

/ # systool -b platform -d
Bus = "platform"

  Device = "serial8250"
  Device = "serial8250.0"
  Device = "serial8250.1"

/ # systool -b platform -D
Bus = "platform"

  Driver = "fsl-i2c"

  Driver = "serial8250"
    Devices using "serial8250" are:
      Device = "serial8250"

      Device = "serial8250.0"

      Device = "serial8250.1"

In the booting sequence, I got following error message:

PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 1 of device 0000:00:00.0
fsl-i2c.1: failed to claim resource 0
unable to register device 0
fsl-dma.0: failed to claim resource 0
unable to register device 1
fsl-dma.1: failed to claim resource 0
unable to register device 2

Does this error make device undetected? What might be the reason for above
errors? I'd appreciate if you could shed some lights.

Regards,

- Reeve