OpenFirmware framebuffer

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Thu Jun 15 00:07:41 EST 2006

> Send us a copy of your dmesg log. Also, does the pegasos
> firmware creates a "display" node in OF with the right type
> and properties ?

dmesg log might be a bit clumsy to get but I will try.

Please tell me what the display node should have? I can check that. I
am curious though as it does seem to have worked.. it uses the mode I
set in firmware, cleans the screen and prints a message to display..
just not MUCH of a message. With previous "broken" firmware and kernels
I would get a garbage screen with the chrp_boot messages on it, but
yesterday this new message (welcome to Linux.. MSR, HID0 printout) was
a welcome change, but.. not a console so much as "not a blank screen".

dmws2: the current released firmware doesn't. But I get to test out all
these new broken features.. :3

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations