[Alsa-devel] [RFC 4/8] snd-aoa: add i2sbus

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Jun 7 22:52:25 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 14:49 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> Sorry, s/pci_to_dev/snd_dma_pci_data/

So then you're saying that indeed, snd_pcm_lib_preallocate_pages_for_all
has the side effect of setting a pointer somewhere else?

I just don't understand why it all blows up when I leave off the
preallocate call. From the function name that says 'preallocate pages'
it seemed to me that I should be allowed to just leave it off, risking
that later an open() or prepare() fails because no pages could be
allocated.

johannes