[snd-aoa] looking for layout-id 41

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Jun 7 04:15:58 EST 2006

Hey,

I found all the other layout IDs (that is to say those that snd-powermac
supports) and except the powermac7,2/3 they are supported and have been
tested but this one is still missing. If you have such a machine, please
try out snd-aoa and report if it works, I think it should. Also, please
tell me if you have any platform-* properties in your device tree
(contact me privately if you need help with that).

Again, here's how to get your layout-id:

find /proc/device-tree -name layout-id | xargs hexdump -e '1/4 "%d\n"'

(in decimal, if nothing is printed out you don't have one, snd-aoa
doesn't handle that yet)

Even if no one shows up with this machine I'll probably go ahead with
the snd-powermac deprecation for layout-id based machines as soon as we
have the pm72/3 thing figured out.

johannes