[JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer

jschopp jschopp at austin.ibm.com
Sat Jul 15 01:20:10 EST 2006

>> Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work openings here?
>
> For my $0.02, legitimate postings targeted at skilled individuals
> likely to be reading this group are not inappropriate.  However,
> I'm sure that some over-zealous recruiter can make easily make me
> regret that statement...

Those are my comments as well.  On the one hand it is a good thing when people who work on
open source are connected with people who will pay you to work on open source.  It's a lot
easier to code when you don't have to worry about paying the rent.  On the other hand it
is a slippery slope.  We don't want the list to turn into a job postings list, even if
they are legitimate job postings for open source developers.  And we really don't want to
  end up with totally unrelated job postings.