HD light: stuck illuminated

Mich Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sun Jan 22 07:52:03 EST 2006

Hi all,

I just had a quirk with the HD light feature in kernel 2.6.15 (straight
kernel.org).

When killing a process that caused heavy disk access, the light got
stuck illuminated with no activity, and behaved inverted from then on:
always on, except when the disk is active...

A bit later, the problem corrected itself, but I don't know why
specifically.

So there might be a problem with the state logic there. I have not had
time to look at the source...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |