init does not run on 405GP system

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 13 12:19:24 EST 2006

In message <351763BE49AC8743AFCCF925821FF6BE04A503 at az33exm22.fsl.freescale.net> you wrote:

> I found this thread on the web. The reason I am writing is that I am
> also seeing some problem with my /sbin/init. Can you elaborate on the
> solution? You mentioned that "The On Chip Memory was mapped to an
> address below 0x8000'0000 - what we didn't know was that this is a
> _virtual_ address, because the OCM is not simply located "behind" the
> MMU."=20
> What do you mean by OCM? What do you mean by address below 0x80000000?

OCM = On Chip Memory (this should be obvious from the previous text).

And address "below 0x80000000" is  one  in  the  address  range  from
0x0000 up to and including 0x7FFFFFFF (this should be obvious, too).

> So you had to redefine your MMU definition to get through this error?

No, just fix your memory map.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of anthropomorphic terminology when  dealing  with  computing
systems is a symptom of professional immaturity.   -- Edsger Dijkstra